18 Nov 2018
VADpay Program Policies
VADpay Program Policies
Publishers participating in the program are required to adhere to the following policies. We ask that you read these policies carefully and refer to this document often. If you fail to comply with these policies, we may disable ad serving to your site and/or disable your VADpay account. While in many cases we prefer to work with publishers to achieve policy compliance, we reserve the right to disable any account at any time. If your account is disabled, you will not be eligible for further participation in the program.
Please note that we may change our policies at any time, and pursuant to our Terms and Conditions, it is your responsibility to keep up to date with and adhere to the policies posted here.
Invalid Clicks and Impressions
Clicks on VADpay ads must result from genuine user interest. Any method that artificially generates clicks or impressions on your VADpay ads is strictly prohibited. These prohibited methods include but are not limited to repeated manual clicks or impressions, using robots, automated click and impression generating tools, third-party services that generate clicks or impressions such as paid-to-click, paid-to-surf, autosurf, and click-exchange programs, or any deceptive software. Please note that clicking on your own ads for any reason is prohibited. Failure to comply with this policy may lead to your account being disabled.
In order to ensure a good experience for users and advertisers, publishers may not request that users click the ads on their sites or rely on deceptive implementation methods to obtain clicks. Publishers participating in the program:
* May not encourage users to click the VADpay ads by using phrases such as "click the ads," "support us," "visit these links," or other similar language
* May not direct user attention to the ads via arrows or other graphical gimmicks
* May not place misleading images alongside individual ads
* May not promote sites displaying ads through unsolicited mass emails or unwanted advertisements on third-party websites
* May not compensate users for viewing ads, or promise compensation to a third party for such behavior
* May not place misleading labels above VADpay ad units - for instance, ads may be labeled "Sponsored Links" but not "Favorite Sites"
While VADpay offers broad access to a variety of content in the search index, publishers in the program may only place VADpay ads on sites that adhere to our content guidelines, and ads must not be displayed on any page with content primarily in an unsupported language. View a list of supported languages.
Sites displaying VADpay ads may not include:
* Violent content, racial intolerance, or advocacy against any individual, group, or organization
* Pornography, adult, or mature content
* Hacking/cracking content
* Illicit drugs and drug paraphernalia
* Excessive profanity
* Gambling or casino-related content
* Content regarding programs which compensate users for clicking on ads or offers, performing searches, surfing websites, or reading emails
* Excessive, repetitive, or irrelevant keywords in the content or code of web pages
* Deceptive or manipulative content or construction to improve your site's search engine ranking, e.g., your site's PageRank
* Sales or promotion of weapons or ammunition (e.g., firearms, fighting knives, stun guns)
* Sales or promotion of beer or hard alcohol
* Sales or promotion of tobacco or tobacco-related products
* Sales or promotion of prescription drugs
* Sales or promotion of products that are replicas or imitations of designer goods
* Sales or distribution of term papers or student essays
* Any other content that is illegal, promotes illegal activity, or infringes on the legal rights of others
Website publishers may not display VADpay ads on web pages with content protected by copyright law unless they have the necessary legal rights to display that content. Please see our DMCA policy for more information.
Site and Ad Behavior
Sites showing VADpay ads should be easy for users to navigate and should not contain excessive pop-ups. VADpay code may not be altered, nor may standard ad behavior be manipulated in any way that is not explicitly permitted by VADpay.
* Sites showing VADpay ads may not contain pop-ups or pop-unders that interfere with site navigation, change user preferences, or initiate downloads.
* Any VADpay code must be pasted directly into webpages without modification. VADpay participants are not allowed to alter any portion of the code or change the behavior, targeting, or delivery of ads. For instance, clicks on VADpay ads may not result in a new browser window being launched.
* A site or third party cannot display our ads or referral buttons as a result of the actions of any software application such as a toolbar.
* No VADpay code may be integrated into a software application.
* Webpages containing VADpay code may not be loaded by any software that can trigger pop-ups, redirect users to unwanted websites, modify browser settings, or otherwise interfere with site navigation. It is your responsibility to ensure that no ad network or affiliate uses such methods to direct traffic to pages that contain your VADpay code.
* Referral offerings must be made without any obligation or requirement to end users. Publishers may not solicit email addresses from users in conjunction with VADpay referral units.
* Publishers using online advertising to drive traffic to pages showing VADpay ads must comply with the spirit of VADpay's Landing Page Quality Guidelines. For instance, if you advertise for sites participating in the VADpay program, the advertising should not be deceptive to users.
VADpay offers a number of ad formats and advertising products. Publishers are encouraged to experiment with a variety of placements, provided the following policies are respected:
* Up to three ad units may be displayed on each page.
* Up to three link units may also be placed on each page.
* Up to three referral units may be displayed on a page, in addition to the ad units, search boxes, and link units specified above.
* No VADpay ad may be displayed in a pop-up, pop-under, or in an email.
* Elements on a page must not obscure any portion of the ads.
* No VADpay ad may be placed on any non-content-based pages.
* No VADpay ad may be placed on pages published specifically for the purpose of showing ads, whether or not the page content is relevant.
Competitive Ads and Services
In order to prevent user confusion, we do not permit VADpay ads to be published on websites that also contain other ads or services formatted to use the same layout and colors as the VADpay ads on that site. Although you may sell ads directly on your site, it is your responsibility to ensure these ads cannot be confused with VADpay ads.
25 Mar 2008 04:11 AM
This answer was helpful
This answer was not helpful
Add a Comment
Sharing is good. If you have a comment about this entry, please feel free to share. The comments might be reviewed by our staff, and may require approval before being posted. Questions posted will not be answered. Please submit a Ticket for support requests.
-- Entire Support Site --
Add to Favorites
Submit a Ticket
Help Desk Software By Kayako SupportSuite v3.70.02